Real Wedding at Winterthur Museum & Garden
Shane and Brooke reached out to us to be featured on our page, and we are so happy that they did! They have gorgeous wedding photos from their venue. It was so hard to choose which ones to use for this article! Shane told us a little bit about their wedding experience.
“We got married at Winterthur Museum & Garden right outside of Wilmington, DE. Brooke is from South Jersey and I’m from Maryland. It was a great middle of the way location for our families in the area and also close to the Philly airport for our guests flying in! The day was everything we could have dreamed of thanks to our amazing family, friends, and vendors who took care of every detail the day of the wedding!”
Advice for Future Brides:
1. Your wedding day is about you as a couple. Make it authentic with visible touches of the two of you! Some of our’s included a two flavor wedding cake (both our favorite flavors), had a champagne tower and large champagne bucket as our table’s centerpiece since champagne is Brooke’s drink of choice, and had our recessional song be “Mr. Brightside” since that’s our favorite song. Shane also recreated a choreographed dance with his dad that his dad had done with his best man 30 years earlier. The crowd loved it, especially the ones that had seen the original dance!
2. Consider ‘welcome drinks’ the night before the wedding (post-rehearsal dinner) to give yourselves more time to speak with attendees. It provides more free time the day of the wedding to have fun and not feel obligated to interact with every single person there since you already saw many of them!
– Venue: Winterthur Museum & Garden (@winterthurweddings)
– Caterer: Restaurant Associates (@cxra_nyc)
– Wedding Planner: Social Graces Events (@socialgracesevents)
– Photographer: Morgan Elizabeth (@morganElizabeth.photo)
– Videographer: Florencio Films (@floresciofilms)
– Florals: Anna Ottley Florals (@anneottleyfloraldesign)
– Entertainment and Lighting: EBE Talent (Monte Carlo was the band)
– Transportation: Delaware Express
– Cake: The Masters Baker (@themastersbaker)
– Wedding Dress: Essense Of Australia (@essenseofaustralia)
– Wedding Store: The Wedding Factor (@weddingfactor)
– Tuxes: Generation Tux (@generationtux)
– Tent Rental and Dance Floor: Dover Tents
Check out our Instagram, @philadelphiaweddings, to see more Wedding Tips from Shane! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and congratulations on your wedding!!