Your DJ or Band will probably have some great songs picked out for your wedding, but your perfect wedding playlist should have a mix of the classics and some tunes that are special to you and your crew. It’s not often that you get to throw a party with all of your friends and family around, so you will want your night to have all of the elements you dreamed of. Here is our guide to your perfect wedding playlist.
How to Create Your Dream Wedding Playlist
Everyone has a different music taste, and it’s likely that you and your fiancé have certain songs that bring up memories for the two of you. It’s not a bad idea to start with a generic playlist from your DJ or from something you found online (see ours below) and then add or subtract from there. It’s important that you list out both the songs that you want to be played and the ones that you want to be skipped. Some wedding classics might not be your thing, so make sure the vibe isn’t ruined with a song you don’t like.
There are a few important songs for special moments that you should also plan for. Your first dance song is one that should be special and meaningful between you and your fiancé. You will also want to pick a fun song for your wedding party to walk (or dance) into the reception to, as well as your first entrance as a married couple. Keep in mind other traditional moments you may celebrate, such as cake cutting, bouquet tossing, or Mother-Son and Father-Daughter dance.
And that leaves us to the most fun part, the reception playlist. If you want to leave it up to your professionals, they most likely will have a great playlist ready to go for your reception. If you do end up choosing for yourself, try not to stress out too much about what others are going to think. It is important to keep your guests in mind, like trying to avoid songs that may upset Grandma or be bad for children. But overall, this is your day so you should play the music that is fun for you.
Think about the vibe you want for your reception. Do you want it to be slow and romantic or fun and fast-paced? Don’t worry about sticking to one genre like country or rock, your wedding isn’t a concert and you should go with the music that feels good to you. If you want it to be slow, romantic, and sensual, you might want to add more slow songs to the mix. If you’re expecting a party, fast and upbeat songs should be on your playlist for sure. Music is sentimental so be sure to pick out your favorites to set the soundtrack of your wedding reception.
PhiladelphiaWeddings.com Classic Wedding Songs Playlist
These are the songs everyone knows and loves! Use this as a base to get the party started on your wedding night. And follow us over on Spotify if you want more wedding-themed playlists. Happy listening!
1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody- Whitney Houston
2. Make You Feel My Love- Adele
3. Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey
4. September- Earth, Wind, and Fire
5. Happy-Pharrell Williams
6. The Way You Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra
7. Can’t Help Falling in Love- Elvis Presley
8. You Are The Best Thing- Ray LaMontagne
9. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)- James Taylor
10. Sweet Caroline- Neil Diamond
11. Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
12. Better Together- Jack Johnson
13. Best Day of My Life- American Authors
14. Over the Rainbow- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
15. Shut Up and Dance- WALK THE MOON
16. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
17. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)- Beyoncé
18. First Day of My Life- Bright Eyes
19. Just The Way You Are- Bruno Mars
20. Speechless- Dan + Shay
21. Wannabe- Spice Girls
22. What A Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong
23. Lucky- Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat
24. Dancing Queen- ABBA
25. We Found Love- Rihanna, Calvin Harris
26. Hey Ya!- Outkast
27. Love Shack- The B-52’s
28. Walking On Sunshine- Katrina & The Waves
29. My Girl- The Temptations
30. ABC- The Jackson 5
31. Uptown Girl- Billy Joel
32. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)- Stevie Wonder
33. This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)- Natalie Cole
34. Sugar, Sugar- The Archies
35. Respect- Aretha Franklin
36. Wild Thing- Tone-Loc
37. Shout, Pts. 1 & 2- The Isley Brothers
38. Cha Cha Slide- Original Live Platinum Band Mix- DJ Casper
39. Come On Eileen- Dexys Midnight Runners
40. Footloose- Various Artists
41. She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5
42. Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
43. I’m A Believer- The Monkees
44. Time After Time- Cyndi Lauper
45. Timber (feat. Ke$ha)- Pitbull
46. Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen
47. Poker Face- Lady Gaga
48. Wobble- V.I.C.
49. I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
50. Shake It Off- Taylor Swift
We hope you enjoyed our picks for the perfect classic wedding playlist! Did we forget your favorite song? Send us a message on our Instagram or send us an email at [email protected] so we can add it to our playlist!
Check out more fun wedding posts over on our blog!